Frame 9 MAJOR BUG

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 02:02:03 PST 2009

Backing up is easy:

When I started as "self-employed" earlier this year I bought me a
500GB HD in a USB connected housing for a few bucks, then downloaded
the free Cobian Backup 9 and set it to full backup once a month and a
daily incremental backup. The good thing about Cobian Backup is that
you don't need any specific backup system to retrieve the backed up
files. They are kept just as any regular files on your computer. :-)

And you can also add this even if you are an employee of a company.

Have a blessed and prosperous 2010.

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson
Iceland

2009/12/30 Shmuel Wolfson <shmuelw1 at gmail.com>:
> For this reason and other reasons, it's a good idea to zip up each days
> work, and save it with the date in the filename. This way you can always
> revert to the previous day's work.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Shmuel Wolfson
> Technical Writer
> 052-763-7133
>

> Galanter, Lea wrote:
>> I'm not sure how to report this, but Frame 9 just crashed on me when I
>> had two files open (named About Blah and Configuring Blah), and when I
>> re-opened both files, they were exactly the same. That means, I totally
>> lost all the text in one of the files. I'm using Frame 9 on Windows 7
>> and I was working in the Configuring Blah file and selected Conditional
>> Text to apply a condition to some text. Frame crashed and then re-opened
>> itself. When Frame opened the Configuring Blah chapter.recover file, all
>> my original text was gone and replaced with the text from the About Blah
>> chapter! Even the Configuring Blah.backup file had been converted to the
>> text from the About Blah.backup file.
>>

>> I don't know if anyone else has ever experienced this problem, but this
>> is major. Assuming I can even get the previous version from my company's
>> source control, this is still hours and hours of work to re-create. This
>> is a major bug in Frame. How do I report it?
>>

>> Lea Galanter
>>
>> Lead Technical Editor and Writer
>>
>> F T I Technology
>>
>> lea.galanter at fticonsulting.com <mailto:asinclaire at attenex.com>
>>
>> www.ftitechnology.com <http://www.attenex.com/>
>>
>> Phone: 206-689-4438

>> Send administrative questions to listadmin at frameusers.com. Visit
>> http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.

"Life is not only a game--it is also a dance on roses."
	--Fleksnes (Rolv Wesenlund)