Fm 8 - Track Changes - problems!

Stephen O'Brien sobrien at innovmetric.com
Wed Feb 4 12:52:40 PST 2009

The Track Changes feature uses, I assume,
conditional formats to color text and manage changes (refuse, accept).

Problem: This feature seems to result in an
unknown (un-named) conditional format affecting
neighboring anchor symbols. So when I specify
that only conditional format CF1 be shown, the
polluted anchored frames that are supposed to
have NO conditional format do not show, giving
unresolved x-refs (see Fig. 3.1 but no anchored frame!!).

I have found such situations in my current
documents. Now if I try and use the normal dialog
box to unconditionalize a selection of text
containing the anchored frame symbol...nothing happens.

Solution: I have to (1) move the anchored frame
symbol elsewhere to a paragraph without any track
changes, and (2) delete the still conditionalized
text manually and re-enter that text and recreate any affected x-refs.

Took time to find/understand (?)/solve! And I
don't have all that much hair left (will soon move to fingernails)!!

Any one else have this problem? Any better solutions or tips?

Thanks!!

P.S. I have the latest FM patch. XP with latest patch.

Stephen O'Brien
Rédacteur technique senior / Senior Technical Writer
InnovMetric Logiciels inc. / InnovMetric Software Inc.
2014, Cyrille-Duquet, suite 310
Québec (Québec) Canada G1N 4N6

Tel.: (418) 688-2061
Fax: (418) 688-3001
E-mail: sobrien at innovmetric.com
www.innovmetric.com
PolyWorks, the Universal 3D Metrology Software Platform for Manufacturing (TM)