Follow up on Handling Large Books in FrameMaker

Joseph panopticon23 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 15:21:06 PST 2009

Hi Alan,

As I mentioned before, there is nothing but text and graphics imported by
reference, which include PNGs, TIFFs, WMF, and JPG.  In addition, there are
almost no graphics in this particular document.

There's no specific file that the book hits at which point it crashes.
Opening individual files directly from the book work fine, its only when I
am doing a book-level change that issues arise, such as an update or
generating a TOC.

Based on what you and others have said, it certainly sounds like the LAN is
the culprit, not FrameMaker.

Sincerely,
Joe

--