Fm 8 - Track Changes - problems!

Reng, Winfried wreng at tycoint.com
Thu Feb 5 00:01:15 PST 2009

Hi,

If an anchor or a mark, which is adjacent to text with a track
changes condition, is hidden, I assume the following:
o You wanted to delete the text.
o In order to delete the text, you either double-clicked the
  word or you selected it with CTRL+SHIFT+Right arrow.
  With both methods the anchor or mark gets selected as well.
o Then you deleted the text with the anchor/mark.
o The text and the anchor/mark get the condition "FM8_TRACK_CHANGES_DELETED".
  You see this in the status bar.
o When you hide the condition (via "Preview Final"), this
  text and the anchor/mark are hidden.

What I'd do:
o Either make sure that you do not delete anchors or marks.
o Or, if the anchor/mark has the condition "FM8_TRACK_CHANGES_DELETED",
  select it, and then click on "Accept Edit". That removes this
  condition.

In any case, deleting text does not apply the condition
"FM8_TRACK_CHANGES_DELETED" to adjacent anchors or marks,
if they weren't selected.

The Track Changes conditions cannot be applied or shown/hidden
via the conditional text dialogs.

Best regards

Winfried