OLE objects don't work anymore

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 05:04:16 PST 2009

Hi Frameusers

I'm using FrameMaker 7.2 p158, Windows XP SP3 and Excel 2003 and 2007. I
copy a couple of cells from an Excel sheet and past them as OLE objects in
some of my FM documents. I do it this way for this type of documents because
the tables contain formulas. I only have one or two of these objects in my
FM docs, so file size isn't the issue here. This has always worked pretty
well until some time ago. I now see the following behavior: when I paste the
copied cells in my FM document as OLE object (Edit > Paste Special > Paste
Link), I just get to see a very small empty anchored frame of 4 x 4 mm.

When I paste the copied cells in FM8 and FM9, everything is okay.

Has anyone had this experience with FM 7.2 too? Any ideas why these OLE
objects stopped working at some point?

Thanks in advance

--
Yves