Frame 7 and PDF: SaveAs PDF Problem

O'Laoghaire Micheal Micheal.OLaoghaire at comverse.com
Fri Feb 6 11:13:32 PST 2009

 See Adobe FrameMaker 7.0p578 update for Windows at
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2111

With FrameMaker 7.0p576 and Adobe Acrobat 6.0, the Save As PDF command
will give an error "FrameMaker could not find Acrobat Distiller printer
instance, which must be installed to execute save as PDF command."
Note: FrameMaker7.0p578 may have problems if both Distiller 5.0 and
Distiller 6.0 are installed on the same machine. Adobe recommends that
users uninstall Distiller 5.0 before installing Distiller 6.0. In
addition, the placed PDF functionality of FrameMaker 7.0 will support
only PDF 1.4 (Acrobat 5.0) files, not PDF 1.5 (Acrobat 6.0) files

HTH

Micheal O'Laoghaire
Comverse, Inc.
Wakefield, MA