TimeSavers Plugin Settings

Callie Bertsche c.bertsche at tecplot.com
Thu Feb 12 14:55:16 PST 2009

I received a reply on my TimeSavers post from Baruch, explaining that
TimeSavers settings will not be picked up by Acrobat versions 8.1+ when
the PDF is created from within FrameMaker (Save As>PDF), because the
distiller has to be started with a -F flag. FM 8+ does this
automatically, apparently, and Acrobat 7 and earlier did not require the
-F flag.

So Baruch told me how to start the distiller with the -F flag. But does
anyone know how to create a PDF from .book/.fm files from within Acrobat
Distiller? I've only done it as Save As>PDF before, and when in the
Distiller I do File>Open, it doesn't like my .book/.fm files (it tries
to build a PDF but fails).

Thanks for any help!! And thanks again, Baruch!
Callie Bertsche
Tecplot, Inc.