Book Files import in random order

Butler, Darren J CTR USAF AFMC 584 CBSS/GBHAC Darren.Butler.ctr at Robins.af.mil
Fri Feb 13 07:27:10 PST 2009

Ok, thanx. I usually don't import large numbers of files at one time so
I guess I've never noticed this before. I could understand if it was in
complete reverse order, but reversing the order except for the last in
the series is quite curious.
In any case I'm sure all this will be fixed in Windows 7.   ;^)

Thanx again,
DJ

-----Original Message-----
From: Combs, Richard [mailto:richard.combs at Polycom.com]
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 10:16 AM
To: Butler, Darren J CTR USAF AFMC 584 CBSS/GBHAC;
framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: Book Files import in random order

Butler,Darren wrote:

> When importing a group of several doc files  into a book , the order
of
> the files is  jumbled:
>
> Ex:
>
> Section 2-3
> Section 2-4
> Section 2-5
> Section 2-6
> Section 2-7
> Section 2-8
> Section 2-9
> Section 2-10
>
> -imports like this-
>
> Section 2-9
> Section 2-8
> Section 2-7
> Section 2-6
> Section 2-5
> Section 2-4
> Section 2-3
> Section 2-10
>

> Huh?!!

Well, it's not jumbled. They're imported in reverse order of selection,
except for the last one. It's a Windows thing (the OS supplies the Add
File dialog), and it's been that way forever.

Select from last to first, and you'll only have to move one file. :-)

Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.