Book Files import in random order

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 07:29:17 PST 2009

Hi Darren

It depends on how you add the files to your book and where you put your
mouse pointer to drag the files into your book.

Try the following:

   1. Arrange Windows Explorer and FrameMaker side by side (tile
   vertically).
   2. In Windows Explorer, select all the files which you wish to add to the
   book and put your mouse pointer on section 2-3.
   3. Drag all the files into your FM book.

The order of the files should now be correct.

If you had put your mouse pointer on section 2-7, for example, you will see
that section 2-7 will appear as the first file in your FM book.

P.S.: I don't know whether "Section 2-3" is also the name of your FM file. I
always advise my students against doing this because you may want to
rearrange the files in your book later, or reuse them in other books, and
you can use <$volnum> and <$chapnum> for that.

Cheers

--
Yves Barbion • Managing Director • Adobe-Certified FrameMaker Instructor
www.scripto.nu  • skype: yves.barbion  • T: +32 494 12 01 89