FrameMaker index question

Mon Feb 23 09:53:45 PST 2009

Shmuel Wolfson wrote:

> In general, you don't want this. But we have some manual that have an
> index consisting of a list of functions. In these cases, it would be
> preferable to have the function name hyperlinked as well.
>
> Is there any automatic way of doing this?

Yes. Don't make an index, make an alphabetical list instead.

If the function names always appear by themselves in heading pgfs:

1) Go to Add > List Of > Paragraphs (Alphabetical).

2) In the dialog, move the pgf tag that contains the function names to
the Include list, make sure Create Hypertext Links is checked, and click
Add.

If the function names don't appear in headings, you can still get there,
albeit with more work, by inserting custom markers and creating a List
of Markers (Alphabetical).

HTH!
Richard

Richard G. Combs