Zapf Dingbats mystery

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 24 07:21:19 PST 2009

I'm wrestling with this one on behalf of a remote colleague...

He's just upgraded from FrameMaker 6 to FrameMaker 7.1 on Win XP-Pro SP3. After doing so, he finds that all his Zapf Dingbats characters are rendering as plaintext, even though the Character Designer says that the font is Dingbats, as expected.

I'm on Mac and don't have enough experience of Windows FrameMaker installations to fox this out. If he sends me a sample document, the Dingbats appear correctly in FrameMaker 7.1 for Mac. Both of us see what would be expected in the Character Designer.

Is this some Windows thing, perhaps?
--
Steve