Zapf Dingbats mystery

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 08:02:22 PST 2009

You don't mention if it's an on-screen problem, or also shows up in
printed copy, both PDF and hard copy...
Also, does Dingbats display and print OK in other applications?

It's possible that he's using a printer's hard fonts. So a good first
thing to check would be that his system default printer is set to an
Adobe PDF printer instance. If that's already true, I'd think about
checking to see how old the font file itself is... maybe think about
installing an Open format file.

There was a problem with Dingbats in the Frame 5 / Windows NT era, but
if he hasn't updated his fonts since then, it may be worth looking at
this antique: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=515
.

Art

Art Campbell