converting email addresses to hyperlink

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 1 05:51:12 PST 2009

Avi Makeler asked:> Ok, I typed those things in the Command and Syntax fields.

> Now where is the OK (or Set) button ...?
>
> (I tried clicking on *Make View-Only *and it locked up my book. Then it neda
> frantic call to a friend to get myself unlocked...)

How about the "New Hypertext Marker" button?

Also, your precedure should start with applying a character format to the
address string as it appears in the text. This defines the "hot spot" for the
hypertext command. If you don't apply a character format (which doesn't
necessarily need to make anything *look* different, although that is
generally a good idea for usability), the the active area for the hypertext
command will extend all the way to the end of the paragraph.

Then use Ctrl+C to copy the string to the clipboard. This allows you to
paste it into the Hypertext marker syntax box rather than having to
retype it and possibly make a typo. You'll still have to type the "mailto:"
manually, though.

-Fred Ridder