Jumping to Figure Captions

Jack DeLand jdeland1 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 1 10:31:53 PST 2009

I inherited about 1,000 figures.  Jumps are made from text to the figure
cations, style "Caption."  Problem is, the captions are underneath the
figures, most of which are large, and the window scrolls the caption to
the top of the page, which of course means the figure is "lost."  I'm
getting complaints from our testers.

Is there an automated way to fix this situation so that the figure will
stay visible, i.e., not scroll up? I'm sure I could redo it with
markers, but that's a great deal of work, as you might imagine.

p.s. This is the most informative list I've ever been on. Thanks and
Happy New Year to all!

--
Jack DeLand :: member, information architecture institute :: 734.629.7890 :: www.jackdeland.com