trademark symbol in text

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 08:07:29 PST 2009

Kelly is correct; although you may want to visit the trademark owner's
www site to see which flavor (tm) or (R) is correct for a particular
trademark.

The citation could be the Chicago Manual of Style, which echos her,
but this really isn't a style issue -- it's a legal one, which may be
the reason for omission in many style guides.

Art

Art Campbell
               art.campbell at gmail.com
                                                      No disclaimers apply.