trademark symbol in text

Kelly McDaniel kmcdaniel at pavtech.com
Mon Jan 5 07:56:27 PST 2009

There are two symbols: the superscript "TM" and the superscript "R" in a
circle.

The first means that the user is claiming trademark status. The second
means that the trademark is registered.

The accepted practice is to use the appropriate mark the first time the
mark-worthy term is encountered in the text and omit it thereafter.

If you include a legal page, your trademark statements should be
included depending on the style of the legal statement. For most
purposes, the display of the mark on the legal page fulfills the "first
time encountered" guideline.

There is no legal requirement to use either or any mark...regards,
Kelly.