Does FM crash on Large files on a regular basis?

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 12:21:44 PST 2009

I'd agree with Jeremy on almost all of this... except that it's
impossible to embed a Visio drawing in an FM file, either by copying
it in or by reference.

You may have Viso files embedded as OLE objects, or you may have
graphic files that were created using SaveAs from a Visio drawing. But
you cannot embed a native Visio drawing because it isn't a real
graphics format.

So my first step would be to find out exactly what you're dealing with....
Then follow Jeremy's advice and replace whatever is in the file with
referenced graphics.

***
If you MUST do a compare, I'd try having the engineer who created the
mutant to generate a PDF.
Then compare that with a PDF of your last version.

Art

Art Campbell
               art.campbell at gmail.com
                                                      No disclaimers apply.