MIF2Go: specifying anchor names

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Fri Jan 9 18:20:03 PST 2009

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 07:46:51 -0800, "Rick Quatro" <frameexpert at truevine.net> wrote:

>Now my client has thrown me what I hope is a little curve: they want more
>descriptive anchor names; for example,
>
><h3><a name="access"></a>access</h3>
>to a resource to a requestor based...</p>

As Michael said, this is a Very Bad Idea.  The name duplications *will*,
not "may", bite you with links that work but go to the wrong place.  And
nobody but you will ever see the anchors anyway.  Dumb.

>I will have to use gotolink and newlink markers to accomplish this. Since I
>am inserting markers with FrameScript, this shouldn't be a problem.
>
>My basic question is this: Can I get this output using MIF2Go using gotolink
>and newlink markers?
>
><h3><a name="access"></a>access</h3>
>to a resource to a requestor based...</p>

Sure, that's what you'll get by default.  But try to talk the fo//person
out of it; at least, make clear that your ongoing repair time will be
billed at full rate, not provided as a free "bug fix".  ;-)