Distinguishing between Paragraphs and Insets in a Framemaker Doc

Charles Monck charles.monck at oxsemi.com
Mon Jan 12 04:26:05 PST 2009

Hello ...

Complete FrameScript newbie here!

I wonder if there is a way of using FrameScript to go through a document
taking one course of action if the next "object" in the document is a
paragraph (Here I wish to add a text inset - and that is all working
fine)) and another course of action if the next "object" is a text inset
(when I find a particular text inset I want to edit the last previous
paragraph which is "Heading1" format. "Pseudo-code" for the main "path"
of the script would be something like:-

Local lvObject(pvDocVar.FirstObjectInDoc);

Loop While(lvObject)

If (Object = Paragraph) then

... do something here ...

Else if (Object = TextInset) then

... do something else here ...

Endif

Set lvObject = lvTextInset.NextObjectInDoc;

EndLoop;

Hoping that someone can help !

Thanks.