How can I avoid having to rescale linked screen shots

Mon Jan 12 10:56:45 PST 2009

Milan Davidovic wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Combs, Richard
> <richard.combs at polycom.com> wrote:
> > Stuart's advice is also important. After import into FM, never
change
> > the size of a graphic by changing its scaling percentage.
>
> Are there hazards (other than the problem described at the start of
> this thread) that this advice is intended to avoid?

In my experience (limited, I admit), resizing a bitmap can have a
negative effect on quality ranging from slight to very great indeed. I
suspect the former comes from an even numeric rescaling (e.g., 80% or
120%), while the latter is the consequence of repeated arbitrary
resizings with the mouse.

I don't know if resizing/rescaling causes pixels to be added/discarded,
but it sure seems that way. When you specify a dpi setting, the pixels
in the bitmap remain unchanged, only their spacing changes.

Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.