Creating Booklets in Framemaker

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 10:44:09 PST 2009

And just as a postscript to Dov's and Rick's posts:

Unless you're doing something that you alone have total control over,
don't bother.

* If you think a customer will print the booklet, remember that
customer's printers are more likely than not to use one of the
thousands of possible paper handling mechanisms in use that will mess
up an imposition scheme that you think up.

* No commercial printer will thank you for trying to force an
imposition scheme on them. They all have their own equipment and a
workflow that they've developed to give them the best results in the
shortest time. Having to correct an imposition dreamed up by a
customer doesn't make life easier and is likely to increase the cost
of your job.

Cheers,
Art

Art Campbell