How do you create a new paragraph after a table?

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Sun Jan 18 17:13:09 PST 2009

> I have a table *immediately* followed by a heading, the latter being
> almost
> at the end of the page. So I would like to insert a page break before the
> heading. How do I do that?

You could choose Special> Page Break. The problem with that method is that
FrameMaker removes the page break anytime you remove overrides. So I create
a paragraph format called PageBreak and give it a high "space below
paragraph" value, such as 500 points. Insert this blank paragraph above your
heading and it will force the heading to the top of the next column or page.

Alternately, you could fiddle with the "space below" setting for the
paragraph style holding the table anchor, or adjust the "space above" for
the heading paragraph style, but that either leaves you with an override for
your current paragraph style, or forces you to change the value for the
paragraph style everywhere in the document. It's best to use paragraph and
characters styles as designed, and avoid overriding them.

Mike Wickham