PDF Documentation

Pinkham, Jim Jim.Pinkham at voith.com
Thu Jan 22 14:17:48 PST 2009

My 2 cents, as others have hinted, is that it depends on the
application. When I'm working on manuals by day, I love having a
searchable PDF when I need to track something down for reference. When
I'm assembling a gizmo at home, I want a hard copy. Chances are I won't
be working anywhere close to the computer. When I'm wearing my
journalist's hat and reporting on the doings of a local government or
school board, where meeting packets are increasingly coming in PDF
format, I want both -- a hard copy of at least the agenda and any major
discussion topics to refer to during the conversation, a PDF at home and
writing for when I have to navigate the packet and hunt down relevant
details.

Jim