Why does Frame cycle 2x ?

Nancy Allison maker at verizon.net
Fri Jan 23 05:48:35 PST 2009

  Ah, this seems to be the answer. So, there's really not much I can do
about it; Frame's gonna do what Frame's gonna do. (IXgen may solve the
problem for markers, but not for any other kind of search.)

Well . . . . that's annoying.

Happy Friday! Thanks, everyone.

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at  8:43 AM, Kelly McDaniel wrote:

> Here's my stab at it:

FrameMaker probably looks at the "modified" time stamp when it hits the
EOF character. Then, if it detects that the modified time stamp and the
"saved" time stamp are different from each other, it makes another pass
at the file. To test this, I performed a Find without changing anything
in the file. The Find sequenced through the files from my starting
point, searching each file only once. Next, I repeated the Find with a
Replace. I Replaced only one of the instances of the Find returning a
hit, and I did this without leaving the Find dialog window. I merely
used the Replace button.

To conclude, the resulting action of modifying a file is the same
regardless if you exist the Find dialog and make the change via the
keyboard or with a mouse gesture, or if you make the change in the Find
dialog...regards, Kelly.