Why does Frame cycle 2x ?

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Fri Jan 23 07:07:56 PST 2009

Nancy Allison wrote:
> Hi, everyone. I thought some more detail would be helpful. Here's what's
> currently happening:
>
> --As I cycle through the document looking at the markers, I sometimes
> edit existing markers, or I put the cursor in the text and insert new
> markers. Then I go back to searching from that point.

The Help file confirms Lief's theory:

==============
Searching through a document

If you are searching in a document, FrameMaker begins searching at the
insertion point and continues through the document... When FrameMaker
reaches the end of the document, it continues the search at the beginning.

==============

By leaving the Find/Change dialog box and putting the cursor in the
text, you are creating a new insertion point.  When you "go back to
searching," you are in fact beginning a *new* search, and FM behaves as
described in the Help.

The way to get it to stop is to buy IXGen and edit your index markers
with that fabulous tool.  ;-)   (No commercial interest, just a
satisfied customer.)

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator