Off List

John Sgammato jsgammato at IMPRIVATA.com
Mon Jan 26 07:43:45 PST 2009

As I recall, this was a voyage of several steps.

I replied to your innocent question with some anecdotal evidence that
PDFs are seen are "green" in Germany, and printed manuals as actively
"anti-green".

Later, a third responder observed that trees are plentiful in the US,
which led to the way off-topic discussion that got us here.

IMO, it is somewhat inevitable that a political opinion will be
expressed here from time to time, and the solution is to respond to it
directly rather than to the list.

john

-----Original Message-----
From: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Kelly
McDaniel
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 10:19 AM
To: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: Off List

I fear mine may have been the initial post that started the green
discussion. For that, please accept my apology.

The question I asked, though not directly related to FrameMaker, was
more in the venue of how PDFs were used without any green subtext. The
point of the issue is that I am attempting to move a PDF-only corporate
habit into an online delivery paradigm. To that end, I received many
off-list responses from folks I consider to be tops in the field. For
that, I am grateful...regards, Kelly.