Find and Replace Paragraph Format Feature

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 03:17:00 PST 2009

Hi Mark,

You don't mention the amount of files involved.

If the files involved are not too many, just changing the format name
in the Pgf format catalog (or global change) should do the trick.
Another option is to MIF the files and search/replace the format name
in a text editor.

A FrameScript script can be used to speed this up, but then you would
have to have FrameScript installed.

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson

2009/1/21 Eichelberger, Mark <mark.eichelberger at aftech.fiserv.com>:
> Folks,
>
> We noticed that when we generated the html output of our FM source files
> using ePublisher, the fonts for some of our paragraph formats were
> altered.  We looked at the Cascading Style Sheet and noticed that
> paragraph formats that contained a period in the format name came across
> in the css with the value '002e' substituted for the period.  When we
> looked into ePublisher's help we discovered the warning from ePublisher
> that paragraph format names should not contains periods as they cause
> issues when the css is created.
>
> So we now realize we have to create new paragraph formats in Frame that
> do not have any periods in the names.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a find and replace feature in Frame that
> would allow us to replace text tagged with the offending paragraph
> format to use another paragraph format that has a supported format name.
>

> Mark Eichelberger
>
> Senior Technical Writer
>
> mark.eichelberger at aftech.fiserv.com
>

> AFTECH
>
> Fiserv Credit Union Division
>
> 455 South Gulph Road, Suite 201
>
> King of Prussia, PA 19406

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious."
 -- Edsel Murphy, dec.