FM9 Upgrade

Jacob Schäffer js at grafikhuset.dk
Tue Jan 27 12:50:00 PST 2009

Howard,

It's possible to do what you want to do with our Publi PDF software.
Although it's a quite expensive tool you may want to give it a try. There is
a free 30-day live trial available including full e-mail support (which you
*do* need to set-up Publi PDF for this task). See:
http://www.grafikhuset.net/PubliPDF/.

With Publi PDF you can set-up a large number of different PDF creation
queues, each of which can hold purpose-specific properties. Colour
conversion, image handling strategies, security flags, stamping, adding
letterheads, document-splitting, simple metadata etc. can be controlled at
queue-level.

Example scenario:
-----------------
Printing to:

(Queue A) converts all bitmap art to grayscale, captures all non-spot-color
text and vector objects and convert these to grayscale, and spot colors are
left untouched or converted to Black (or whatever color you wish).

(Queue B) don't touch anything at all.

(Queue C) deletes all images and gradients and converts all spot colours to
Black (useful for language plate creation, for example).

(Queue D) does the reverse of Queue C (useful for creating CMYK blanks, for
example).

... all from the same source document. Publi PDF operates entirely in the
back-end and does not touch your content, nor does it require much of your
content. However, there is a lot of work in planning what each Publi PDF
queue shall do, and it may require a huge effort to set-up the required
color maps.

As a beginner with Publi PDF you *will* need support, but that's what I'm
here for :-)

Contact me off-list if you want to give Publi PDF a try.

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
Jacob Schäffer  |  Chief Developer

Grafikhuset (House of Graphics)
Paradis Allé 22, Ramløse