Outline

quills at airmail.net quills at airmail.net
Wed Jan 28 12:00:30 PST 2009

I would categorize this a perceived gains, capabilities, and costs.
One very big gain and capability that structured documents give you
is the ability to require only certain structures to fit after other
structures.

I can't comment on the capability of Enhance to require a  specific
structure must exist following any other element, or that they may be
optional, or that they are forbidden. XML will do that under
FrameMaker, as well as allow you to collapse the structure as you
describe.

Again, it is about perceived gains, capabilities, and costs. If the
costs outweigh the gains and capabilities, then you go another route.

Scott