Save As not working with Acrobat Pro 9.0- issue still not resolved

Garnier Garnier garnier_framescript at yahoo.co.in
Sun Jul 5 20:20:22 PDT 2009

Hello Listers,

Wanted to mention that:

As suggested by one of the listeres,

I removed all Adobe products from my machine including the registries.

Installed FM 7.0 with distiller 5.0
Then I attempted to install Acrobat Editor and Reader but failed because Acrobat keeps prompting to remove distiller 5.0. It does not allow me to proceed with the installation.
How do I resolve this?

>From Adobe I received the attached mail and as instructed I also installed the patch. Please see my response to Adobe engr.

Any idea if I could return Acrobat 9.0 and ask for 8.0 instead? I cannot afford to continue to debug the issue as I have strict deadlines to meet.

B/R
Garnier

My response to Adobe Engr.

Thanks. You are right we are using FM 7.0 p576. I have installed the patch.
I would like to inform that we are also using Acrobat 8.0 since the last one year with the same build of FM and did not encounter any problems. We did not have to install the patch so not sure about the actual issue with Acrobat 9.0 distiller.

After installing the patch the Save As option first throws an alert " the selected joboptions not found" Clicking OK starts the distiller for a fraction of second and the pdf is generated.

If the joboptions is not found how is it converting to PDF?
In the generated pdf the fonts change.
The consfile.txt is empty and this is not acceptable.

I am using Framescripts to autogenerate the pdfs. The scripts are running fine with Acrobat 8.0 but with 9.0 it is throwing system error.

I never faced any of the above mentioned issues with distiller 5.0 and recently installed Acrobat Professional 9.0. so that I could annotate the pdfs for review feedback.

I now intend to

1.       uninstall all the Adobe products on my machine and manually cleaning up the registry entries because the uninstallers do not do it.
2.       Reinstall Framemaker 7.0 p576 with distiller 5.0
3.       Reinstall Acrobat Reader/Viewer 9.0, Editor 9.0

I have been told that Adobe Editor can annotate any version of pdf for commenting.

Is the above the right approach?

I will wait for your response.

Why does Adobe products not clean the registries during Uninstall? Why does one need to do so manually?

B/R
Garnier