Importing HTML files into FrameMaker 8.p257 or thereabouts: some questions

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 12:26:57 PDT 2009

Quick question: if the documents have been scanned, how did they
magically become HTML?

If they were run through an OCR program, and those files still exist,
you may be able to make your life much easier if you can just output
the OCR data to a different format from the OCR -- like RTF, which
Frame would pull in, or even directly to Frame.

If the documents are actually scanned graphics embedded in HTML pages,
you may be totally screwed....
and need to start typing.

If the files are HTML text, in addition to Jeremy's thought of using
Flare, you may be able to open the HTML in something as simple as Word
and then SaveAs RTF -- your entree to Frame.

Art

Art Campbell
               art.campbell at gmail.com
                                                      No disclaimers apply.