Soliciting hardware recommendations

D L Reynolds reynolds at semicool.com
Tue Jul 14 09:19:48 PDT 2009

Penny wise and pound foolish...

As a Mac diehard, I resisted buying a Windows machine for a very long
time. And then I bought a machine cobbled together by a neighbor, a
self-described "computer expert." Bad idea. I have serious
intermittent problems creating PDFs from within FrameMaker. About
half the time, FM crashes when it hits a particular page. The page in
question changes from day to day, sometimes from minute to minute. It
isn't FM or the files -- they work fine on other machines. So it must
be my "custom" computer. Time to get a real Windows box.

I'm looking for a desktop machine, not a laptop. Must be able to
accommodate two 22" monitors. Can you recommend anything?

Many thank,

    --D Reynolds