Soliciting hardware recommendations

Jenny Greenleaf jgreenleaf at mac.com
Tue Jul 14 10:01:21 PDT 2009

I am running TCS in VMWare Fusion on a 2.8 GHz Mac. It works great.
Rock solid. Crashes less than most pure Windows machines I've used. In
fact, I don't think Windows has ever crashed. Frame has a few times,
but the patches fixed that.

You can try most of this before making a commitment. You can download
a 30-day trial of Fusion and obtain a 30-day trial of TCS (DVD). You
do have to buy a Windows XP license. I just bought one at Fry's. The
process to create a VM and load Windows is pretty simple.

I work on-site at my client's. I bring in my laptop, hook up to the
client's network. It was a bit of a hassle configuring printers, but
other than that I haven't had any problems.  I connect to shared
drives, point my Mac Mail client at their Exchange server. I don't
have great calendaring ability, but I don't want to buy Office for
Windows, and I don't want to mess with Entourage.

Jenny