Soliciting hardware recommendations

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Tue Jul 14 10:19:10 PDT 2009

Hi, Donna:

You can postpone buying Windows by installing Windows 7 Release
Candidate 1 public beta. I'm using this with Fusion 2 and TCS2 on a
2.4gHz MacBook Pro running OS X 10.5.7 (latest update to "Leopard") No
significant problems in FM 9.x and Acrobat 9.x in the TCS2. Initially
I had problems with screen rewriting. Mostly this was due to setting
the Fusion memory amount higher than needed (1.0 GB seems sufficient),
and also not having enough system RAM; I had 3 GB, which left only 2
GB for the Mac OS. Replacing my 1 GB RAM chip with a 2 GB chip from
Other World Computing for around $30, gave back 3 GB for for Mac OS X,
and retained 1 GB for Fusion 2.

Jenny: you might want to look at Google's Calendar.

HTH

Regards,

Peter
Peter Gold