"Transparent Fonts"

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Wed Jul 22 23:16:27 PDT 2009

FrameMaker doesn't support the Adobe PDF transparency model in any way,
shape, or form. The only way you can do wrt/ transparency is to import
content that has already flattened (in my book, we call that "ruined
transparency") in either PDF or EPS. Specifically making text in
FrameMaker itself (i.e., not imported) anything other than 100% opaque
is impossible.

If you need artsy live transparency stuff in the content of text in a layout
program itself, you need InDesign.

	- Dov