Request Info on DocBook

Garnier Garnier garnier_framescript at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jul 23 03:05:02 PDT 2009

Hello Listers,

I am about to explore DocBook. I am sure some of the listers must be using it or have used it in the past. Could you please share your experience? Went through some of the details over the net and it seems a good tool to switch to but involves a very deep learning curve. Is there any plug-in available to make things easier? I need to know this as some of the writers are not keen to learn XML and would rather click buttons that would take care of what they want to generate. The company will definitely not invest in training nor am I aware of any institute/entity in India that imparts training in DocBook.

When I start exploring I will definitely join the DocBook user forum. Am writing to this list as I need some firsthand information about the tool.

Any kind of related information is welcome.

TIA
B/R
Garnier

      Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local http://in.local.yahoo.com/