MIF for RoboHelp on the Fritz

Pinkham, Jim Jim.Pinkham at voith.com
Wed Jul 29 09:49:12 PDT 2009

Hi, all,

I'm suddenly getting a strange new error message in running the MIF for
RoboHelp plug-in, which has worked flawlessly until now. I've run it
within the past week or two with no issues, and I've made few recent
changes to my FM setup. The only recent plug-in I've added was the
SetPrint plug-in, and I believe MIF for RoboHelp has worked since then.
I moved SetPrint.ini and SetPrint.dll out of my Plugins folder just now
and tried again, but still ran into the same error.

The message I'm getting is "FrameMaker can't create a new file for
writing." The plug-in then refers me to some unspecified online help at
some unspecified location.

*	I'm running FM 7.1p116 on a Win XP SP 2 machine.
*	I can still Save As MIF from within Frame, and I'm not seeing
any apparent hiccups in Wash via MIF.
*	When I also try Save Using Mif2Go, I get an error message about
not being able to find the mif2rtf.ini file.
*	I've tried downloading RoboMif.ini again, but it was identifical
to the existing file in my Plugins folder and replacing it made no
impact.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim