Open cross-reference in new window

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 13:06:00 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Jo Watkiss<JoWatkiss at watkiss.com> wrote:
> Hi Rick,
>
> This works OK for links to a separate file, but not to links in the same
> file.
>
> Is there anything I can do in the Frame file to force cross reference to
> open in a new link?
>
> Unfortunately we also have incredibly inept readers and asking them to
> change their preferences is unrealistic.
>
> Jo.

Microtype's FrameMaker-to-Acrobat Timesavers has a function that will
do that. It is not a free plugin, though.

I believe that the way to do this is to insert a Postscript code frame
on a master page, but you have to know the postscript code that forces
the link to open in a new window, and I don't know that.

Hope that at least points you in the right direction.

Lin Sims