Converting from Word to FM9: Tables in Tables??

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Tue Jun 16 16:47:15 PDT 2009

My company is finally making the transition from MS Word 2003 to FM 9 for all manuals.

On the advice of a consultant, I've translated my Note/Caution/Warning style into a table format as I was told this was the simplest way to duplicate my Word format (a simple hanging indent paragraph with a border above and below to demarcate the Note/Caution/Warning).

The problem is that I also have to use the Note/Caution/Warning style in table cells and it seems that FM9 does not support tables in tables.

I'm not sure if this forum will support attachments, but just in case it does, I've included a PDF of one of my simplest Word tables (2 columns only, with no shading) that also contains Notes and a Warning.

If anyone can advise me of a (simple?) way to duplicate this within FM9, I'd be extremely grateful.

Alison