Producing HTML help pages in FM for Eclipse help

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Fri Jun 19 13:58:57 PDT 2009

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 13:36:16 -0700, "Fei Min Lorente"
<FeiMin.Lorente at onsemi.com> wrote:

>The reason the file names kept changing on me is because I have some
>chapters that are generated from the source code, tagged with XML, then
>imported into FrameMaker. I really wouldn't expect Mif2Go to remember
>what the last batch of sections were named when they are all effectively
>replaced.

Um, no, that's one of the cases where the IDs change.  We
actually depend on *Frame* to remember them, as the Unique
tags you see throughout the MIF, which contain the ObjectIDs.
When you recreate a document, Frame uses fresh ones, though
if the same doc is recreated from the same template doc,
they may very well turn out to be the same.

>Hence, the filename markers saved me, especially since we
>store all this in a file control system and I was filling it up with
>duplicate content (same stuff, different file name). And since the
>markers are generated, too, we've worked out a system so they don't
>duplicate.

Good!  That last step is critical.  If you are generating
the filename markers, you can indeed prevent duplicates.
The problem is when people create the names themselves; it
just isn't possible to remember all the ones you have used
already without any errors.  It takes a computer to do that.  ;-)