Getting Rid of Font Change Warning

Syed.Hosain at aeris.net Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Fri Jun 19 16:04:06 PDT 2009

> >Before I go installing the SetPrint utility, I have a couple of
>questions:
> >
> >- Can I imitate this utility by going to File > Print Setup and
> >choosing Adobe PDF as the printer?

> If you are there to make the change, you can.  But a build
> system can't.  And personally, I find it way easier to leave
> the Frame printer set to Adobe PDF, regardless of the system
> default printer setting.

For this same reason, I leave my Windows default printer set to Adobe
PDF - no issues at all then. :)

> >Is this saved for FrameMaker in general, or for the book that
> >I have open?

> Frame in general.

> >- If I install SetPrint, does it mean that when I want to print
> >a few pages for a quick discussion, I have to generate a PDF
> >and print from that?

> No, in that case you just select the local printer you want
> first, though you may get better results in some cases by
> going through PDF.  The time difference is small; try it
> both ways, and see what you prefer.

As mentioned above, I leave my Windows default printer to Adobe PDF.
Then, I don't need to worry about FrameMaker settings.

Then, it depends on the purpose to print those few or more pages.

If it is to see/review what the end look/feel result will be, then it is
best to generate the few pages in PDF and print from within Acrobat -
shows the likely printed outcome eventually when the recipient of the
document will get it.

If it is just to proof the text (or some local purpose like an internal
review), then I just select the actual printer at that point and print
those pages and not worry about the look/feel till much later.