Getting Rid of Font Change Warning

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 11:48:40 PDT 2009

Fei Min,

The idea here is to set the Adobe PDF printer as the system default
printer so that Frame will have a stable baseline and not access to
fonts on hard physical printers that cannot be included in a PDF.

With that in mind, the answers to your questions would be:
1. No. This action sets the printer to which you will print the
document. It does nothing to set or unset the default system printer.
One has little to do with the other.

2. Assuming the PDF printer is the system default, you may get the
"system fonts" message if you print to a printer other than the
default. But so what? Unless your quick discussion has to do with
fonts, it shouldn't be a problem. If the fonts and kerning and so on
are critical to the discussion, yes, you should produce a PDF and
print that because it will exactly reflect the document.

Art

Art Campbell
               art.campbell at gmail.com
                                                      No disclaimers apply.