Logging FrameMaker book errors in a text file

Gordon Furbush gfurbush at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 19 14:50:39 PDT 2009

I have several scripts to automate our PDF and HTML builds.  The builds are completely custom (Bash scripts calling a combination of dzbatcher and Perl scripts). We do not use Webworks.

Everything is working fine, except for reporting missing imported graphics.  We also sometimes get false errors in the consfile.txt file for "unresolved cross references" that actually work fine.

I've seen this question asked before on some of the other forums (probably here too), but here goes:  Is there any RELIABLE way to capture book build errors in a text file during a batch build process launched on the command line?

- The Framester