Will two different versions of Distiller on the same machine cause problems?

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 23 05:23:30 PDT 2009

Garnier asked:

> I use Framemaker 7.0 and Distiller 5.0. We recently acquired Acrobat Professional for generating editable pdfs. Do I need to follow any do’s and don’ts for the installation? Will the two registry entries cause any discrepancies? I have decided to install the Acrobat Professional in a different drive and location. Is the decision right?

You should *never* attempt to have two different versions of Distiller on the same system. The Acrobat 9.0 installer checks for existing Acrobat components on the same system and will not proceed with the new installation if it finds any. You will have to uninstall the existing Distiller 5.0 instance before you can install the Acrobat 9.0 suite.

-FR