Will two different versions of Distiller on the same machine causeproblems?

Tue Jun 23 07:02:03 PDT 2009

Garnier Garnier wrote:

> I use Framemaker 7.0 and Distiller 5.0. We recently acquired Acrobat
> Professional for generating editable pdfs. Do I need to follow any do’s and
> don’ts for the installation? Will the two registry entries cause any
> discrepancies? I have decided to install the Acrobat Professional in a
> different drive and location. Is the decision right?

Fred is absolutely correct -- do _not_ try to put two versions of Acrobat (including the Distiller component) on the same PC. Period.

And why would you want to? What would be the point of installing version 9 of Acrobat Pro  (which of course includes Distiller), but continuing to use the quite ancient Distiller 5?

Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.