HTML Conversion: Troubleshooting Head Behavior

Karen Robbins karendesign at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 15:29:48 PDT 2009

Hello Framers,

I am converting a 10-document book in Frame 8.0p277 (Win XP) to HTML.
For test runs I use Frame's own HTML utility while tweaking files for
clean conversion. I will use Mif2Go for final HTML output.

Problem: Several paragraph tag heads have the same level (D-Head
Undergraduate, D-Head Graduate, etc.) with the same level in the book
heading mapping table and settings in the book HTML mapping table--in
this case, both are set to Y for new page. There are also some heads
at this same level that do NOT have the same settings, such as
D-Head, that do not generate a new page and are correctly set to N.

When I convert to HTML, body text following the D-Head Undergraduate
head ends up on the main section page below its associated link
generated by Frame, e.g., following "D-Head-UndergraduateTOC" rather
than on a separate page; body text following the D-Head Graduate head
correctly appears on a separate page with that head. Usually (I
haven't checked all of the 800+ HTML files this conversion
generates), D-Head Undergraduate head is followed immediately by a
D-Head head; D-Head Graduate head is usually followed by body text
directly.

Is Frame able to correctly interpret these settings? Is it confused
by the naming convention (which I didn't create, BTW)? Other ideas on
how to troubleshoot?

Thanks,

Karen