HTML Conversion: Troubleshooting Head Behavior

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Tue Jun 23 15:56:33 PDT 2009

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 15:29:48 -0700, Karen Robbins
<karendesign at gmail.com> wrote:

>I am converting a 10-document book in Frame 8.0p277 (Win XP) to HTML.
>For test runs I use Frame's own HTML utility while tweaking files for
>clean conversion. I will use Mif2Go for final HTML output.

If you are going to use Mif2Go, do **not** try to set the
doc up to work with the native Frame method.  It will not
help in any way, and could even *cause* problems.  You will
encounter many, many "issues" that do not exist in Mif2Go,
and waste your time trying to work around those bugs when
there may not even *be* a workaround.

You can do all the setup with Mif2Go, even the demo version.
The .ini files you produce will work fine in the registered
version, which is identical to the demo except for the text
changes.  That is really the best path to take.

HTH!