searching for a section symbol

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Thu Mar 5 09:26:11 PST 2009

Stuart, Dick, and all,

When I search for text using the backslash-f term with Wildcards
turned on, I receive a message that "The item you are searching for
requires text in the Find text box." When I precede the backslash-f
term with a space, then I find every space in the entire doc--not
just the ones at the end of table cells. The same result occurs if I
use the string "[0-9] \f" or "[a-z] \f"  I'm using Frame 7 on a Win2K
system. Someone indicated having the same problem on an XP system as
well. So searching for an end of table cell symbol may indeed not be possible.

To the others who replied (thank you!), I wasn't looking for an end
of paragraph symbol (\p) or a typographic section symbol (Alt-0167),
or a forced-return symbol (\r).

Carol