searching for a section symbol

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Thu Mar 5 07:16:34 PST 2009

Carol J. Elkins wrote:
> In a table cell with View->Text Symbols turned on, how do I search
> for a blank space following the last alpha-numeric character and
> preceding the section symbol? I know the keyboard strokes to search
> for the tab symbol, forced return symbol, end-of-paragraph symbol,
> etc., but none of my quick-reference guides define the section symbol. Thanks!

Carol,

It's actually called an end of flow symbol or end of table cell symbol,
and the wildcard to use is \f.  Search for ' \f' without the single
quotes.  See the Help topic, "Using wildcards in a search."

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product."

-- Eleanor Roosevelt