FrameMaker Plugin for Converting Text Insets and Variables To Text

Joseph panopticon23 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 09:49:09 PST 2009

Hi all,

My technical publications team primarily uses text insets to single source
content across 8 documents, which combine consist of about 2,000 pages. When
we prepare are documentation for publication, there is another group in our
company that needs access to the Frame source and needs the frame source to
be all text (no text insets). We also need to, for other reasons, to convert
all our variables to text. Our current process is to copy the Frame source
to another folder and then to open up each file in each FM book and convert
it to text. Here's my question: is there a framescript/plugin that would
convert text insets and variables to text on the book level as opposed to
the document level?

--
Sincerely,

Joseph Lorenzini